News Release: The Avoca Group Announces Keynote Speaker for 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit
May 9, 2019 – Princeton, NJ – (BUSINESS WIRE) – The Avoca Group announced today that David Shing, Verizon Media’s Digital Prophet, will deliver the keynote address at the 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit. David will discuss current and future trends in the evolving digital landscape, including how the rapid adoption of technology will advance the work of the clinical trials industry. He will also provide insight into what the industry’s most valued stakeholder, the patient, will expect from clinical trials.
“We’re excited to have David Shing set the stage for the second day of the 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit,” says Patricia Leuchten, Founder and CEO, The Avoca Group. “Technology and digitization play a vital role in drug development, particularly in how we plan, execute, and oversee clinical trials. A broader view of how technology is evolving will help us to put both the opportunities and the challenges ahead into a broader perspective.”
The 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit will be held June 5-6 at the Boston Harbor Hotel in Boston, MA. With over a dozen interactive sessions and numerous networking opportunities, the Summit offers attendees the chance to connect, address challenges, engage with thought leaders, and influence global change in the execution of clinical trials. The collaborative nature of the event allows for the free flow of ideas required to view the important work of clinical research through a diverse lens. An estimated 150 people, including C-suite executives and heads of clinical operations, quality, regulatory, procurement, and innovation, are expected to attend. For the first time, The Summit will also include an Exhibit Hall featuring exhibitors including Comprehend, KPS Life, Longboat, Oracle Health Sciences, and Rho.
The current list of confirmed speakers includes (in alphabetical order):
- Chen Admati, Head of Intel Pharma Analytics Platform, Intel Corporation
- Beatrice Anduze-Faris, MD, Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Compliance and Continuous Improvement, Global Clinical Operations, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Brian Burk, Life Science & Healthcare Innovation Practice Leader, Verizon Media
- Bree Burks, Senior Director, Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Jennifer Byrne, CEO and Board Chair, Javara
- Patty Donnelly, PhD, Vice President, Global Quality – Research and Development, Eli Lilly and Company
- Ken Getz, Director, Sponsored Research, Associate Professor, Tufts CSDD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Joseph Kim, Senior Advisor in Translational Technology and Innovation, Eli Lilly and Company
- Lenna Kimball, MBA, Vice President, Clinical Operations, Lyell Immunopharma
- Jim Kremidas, Executive Director, Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Elizabeth Luzcak, Vice President, Vertex Quality Assurance, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Tom Pike, Former CEO, Quintiles
- Jonathan Rowe, PhD, MS, MA, Executive Director, Head of Clinical Development Quality Performance and Risk Management, Pfizer
- Paddy Wall, BSc, MBA, Senior Manager Strategic Partnerships, Longboat
Own the Future. Learn more about the 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit at www.theavocagroup.com/quality-consortium/8th-annual-summit/
About David Shing
David Shing, aka Shingy, is Verizon Media’s Digital Prophet. He spends most of his time watching the future take shape across the vast online landscape. The rest he spends talking to people about where things are headed and how we can get the most out of it. Shing has spent most of his adult life in the digital world working for both large and small creative companies globally, while also co-authoring several technology-related patents. He served as AOL’s European head of media and marketing before taking on his current mantle in New York City.
About The Avoca Group
The Avoca Group leads the industry in GCP quality and compliance solutions. With 20 years of experience providing research and consulting services, Avoca merges deep institutional knowledge in the foundations of good clinical practice with future-forward leadership in regulatory compliance, quality management, and clinical operations across the evolving clinical trials landscape. The Avoca Quality Consortium, Avoca’s cross-functional collaborative, unites sponsors, CROs, and clinical service providers to address challenges and maximize opportunities to mitigate risk and improve quality in the execution of clinical trials. To learn more about The Avoca Group’s products and services, visit www.theavocagroup.com or www.theavocagroup.com/consulting-research-services.